Bowie County Correctional Center
105 West Front Street
Texarkana, TX 75501
Phone: (903) 798-3505
Fax: (903) 798-3519
- Bowie County Correctional Center was built and opened in 1993.
- Construction was completed in 1996 for the Annex II addition to Bowie County Correctional Center.
- Offenders are referred through Bowie County Sheriff’s Department, Texas U.S. Marshall Service, Arkansas U.S. Marshall Service, and Harris County Sheriff’s Department.
- Bowie County Correctional Center was established to hold the overflow of offenders at Bi-State Detention Center and now holds both county and contract offenders.
- CEC provides jail/detention management services at the Bowie County Detention Center.
- Volunteer offenders can receive religious, Alcoholics Anonymous, and Narcotics Anonymous services.
- Bowie County Correctional Center provides a GED educational program for volunteer offenders.
- A volunteer work program is offered which consists of sewing shop, laundry, maintenance support services, food service, and sanitation department.
- Basic medical, dental and mental health services are provided.
Contracting Agency:United States Marshals Service (Texas), United States Marshals Service (Arkansas), Bowie County Sheriff’s Department, Harris County Sheriff’s Department, Little River County, Arkansas Sheriff’s Department
Capacity:740 adult male and females
Monday: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
Wednesday: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
Tuesday: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
Thursday: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
Males (Special Pre-Approved):
Saturday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Females (Special Pre-Approved):
Sunday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm